Urban Legends in Japan
3. Certain buildings and divisions of the Japanese Government are said to still use the Toyotomi Family crest. The Toyotomi Family was wiped out in a battle against Ieyasu Tokugawa in the Sekigahara Battle (1600). There are speculations that using the Toyotomi crest is a sign of a secret grudge against the ancestors and regimes of Tokugawa.
4. A rumour states eating processed combini meals causes medical issues and heightens the chances of death, but also prevents the body from rotting.
5. People have claimed they have been firmly disciplined or fired from workplaces due to the ringtone on their phone. The NHK earthquake alarm is similar to an available ringtone, causing panic when it is heard.
6. The Tsukuba Gakuen Research Facility is said to use a nearby forest for experiments. There is a legend of a student entering the forest and being attacked by a human figure who had been badly burned and 'melted' by an experiment. For this reason, the forest is not often visited and is said to be haunted.
7. The '!' road-sign is an indicator that the area is danger-prone (falling rocks, flooding, poor road observation, etc.), however there are suggestions the sign may also mean the road has experienced spiritual phenomena specific to vehicles (ghostly travellers, strange car break downs, and paranormal sightings).